Meet Rick Torkelson
Rick Torkelson has been a practicing CPA since 1979. He and his wife Lori Enochs-Torkelson, CPA, CFE, are partners at Torkelson & Associates, CPAs, LLP. Rick specializes in income tax preparation and planning for individual, corporate, trust, partnership, LLC, LLP, estates, and trusts. He will also conduct financial statement audits, reviews, and compilations as well as bookkeeping services, payroll, and other compliance services.
With more than 35 years in taxation experience, working with clients from every industry sector, including construction, real estate development, professional services, retail, wholesale, and restaurants, Rick has the expertise you need for planning, preparing, and reviewing your individual and business tax returns. Rick also helps set a light tone when needed with his great sense of humor, particularly when the humor is directed at his profession.
Among Rick’s many responsibilities at the firm, he also takes on the following:
- Senior Manager
- Entity selection consultation
- Quality control
- Compilation, review, GAAP
- Management consulting
- Preparation and review of compiled and reviewed financial statements
- Tax research experience includes business and individual tax planning and consulting on all taxation levels
Rick’s career began in 1975 as a Junior Accountant with Hodapp and Mills Accountancy Corporation in Santa Rosa, CA . He moved to Petaluma and joined Baldwin & Turner in 1978 where he expanded his knowledge. He was asked to join the firm as a partner in May of 1980. In October of 1982, Rick founded the new firm of Torkelson & Petersen, and in October of 1993, Rick continued the business as Torkelson & Associates, with his wife Lori as partner.
Rick wrote a monthly blog on tax news that also appeared in the Petaluma Post for many years.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Associates of Arts Degree Business Administration, Santa Rosa JC
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting, Chico State University